December will be here before you know it, and the calendar in the Capital City is already filling up with countless community events. From seasonal celebrations to opportunities to give back, this coming month will no doubt be one to remember. If you haven’t yet made your plans for the final month of 2023, not to worry! The Trenton Puerto Rican Friends and Community Organization has you covered with a whole host of events to get you feeling the holiday spirit.
Starting on December 9th and continuing throughout the season, the Trenton Puerto Rican Friends and Community Organization has been working tirelessly to curate a whole host of festive events for the whole family. Everyone is welcome to be a part of the fun, so be sure to mark your calendars for the following festivities:
- Heritage Tree Decoration (Saturday, December 9th from 12pm to 2pm at the William Trent House): It’s time to deck the halls with a culturally enriching twist! Guests of all ages are invited to the 1719 William Trent House Museum for a day of decorating trees. Guests are invited to either bring or make a Puerto Rican-inspired decoration, bringing a taste of the island to the Capital City!
- Aguinaldos Para Los Abuelitos (Monday, December 13th at 5pm at Architect Housing – *private event): This heartwarming event will bring the sounds of the season to our community’s seniors as members of the TPRFCO gather together to bring traditional Puerto Rican holiday songs to Trenton’s elderly.
- Heritage Tree Lighting Celebration (Saturday, December 16th from 6pm to 8pm at the William Trent House): Light up the night as guests celebrate the lighting of the Heritage Tree! Guests will have the opportunity to enjoy refreshments and take in the sights of the holidays with friends and neighbors.
- Unidos Por Una Sonrisa (Sunday, December 17th from 2pm to 8pm at Unity Square Park): Members of the Trenton community are invited to Unity Square Park for a holiday toy giveaway. Every child is deserving of a special treat during the season of giving, so be sure to swing by for a bit of holiday magic.
- Parranda Navideña de Trenton (TBD): While the fine details of these festivities are still being arranged, stay tuned, because a beautiful evening of holiday fun is coming your way! You can keep up on the TPRFCO’s Facebook page for more information about the pending festivities.
These upcoming celebrations are hosted by the Trenton Puerto Rican Community and Friends Organization, a community group devoted to enriching, supporting, and advancing the Puerto Rican community in the Capital City and beyond. Throughout the calendar year, the TPRCFO hosts a number of events and opportunities for community education, allowing everyone, regardless of background, to come together and experience the vibrant life of the Puerto Rican culture and community. For more information on what this instrumental organization is up to in the Capital City, please visit their website here: TPRCFO – Home.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more prior to the upcoming events, please contact the TPRCFO at TrentonPRCommunity@gmail.com for additional assistance. Don’t let this December pass you by, be sure to swing by for some unforgettable fun in the Capital City!
Powered by WPeMatico