Summertime is finally here, and now’s the time to get outside, get active, and enjoy the fun with fitness with your family and friends. Whether you’re a lifelong athlete or just starting your fitness journey, there’s no better time than the present to get moving and prioritize your health and wellness. If you’re a Trentonian looking to stay fit this summer, look no further than your community for a fun, free way to keep in shape this season.
Throughout the summer season, the City of Trenton invites you and your family to be a part of Tuesday Fun Fitness, a health and wellness initiative designed to get Trentonians moving. All summer, attendees can participate in free group fitness classes taught by instructors from around the community. No matter what kind of movement suits your fancy, there’s certain to be a class you’ll love. This year’s calendar includes a jam-packed schedule of classes, including:
- Dance Bzingo: Tuesday, July 11th at Villa Park, taught by Trenton Makes Athletic Center
- Zumba Class: Tuesday, July 18th at Unity Square Park, taught by Vin Iyer
- Strength and Flex: Tuesday, July 25th, at the Capital City Sports Complex, led by Christina Sasso
- Dance Bzingo: Tuesday, August 8th at Wetzel Field, taught by Trenton Makes Athletic Center
- Dance Club: Tuesday, August 15th, at Cadwalader Park, led by Christina Sasso
- Dance Bzingo: Tuesday, August 22nd at Cooper Field, taught by Trenton Makes Athletic Center
- Fight Club: Tuesday, August 22nd at Cooper Field, led by Christina Sasso
Besides an accessible, convenient way to get in a workout, group fitness also has several benefits that can help you thrive all summer. Working out, in general, comes with several physically and mental benefits, including improved cardiovascular health, higher-quality sleep, a boosted immune system, and much more. Group fitness, in particular, is beneficial, as in addition to your physical and mental health, it also provides impactful social enrichment. With a support system of enthusiastic friends, the group fitness atmosphere can provide built-in motivation to help you conquer even the most intense workouts. Working out in a group atmosphere can also help individual attendees gauge their efforts compared to other students and adjust and acclimate to their skill levels accordingly. Regardless of where you’re at with your fitness levels, anyone can stand to benefit from getting moving with a great group of friends.
If you’re ready to get active this season, Trenton’s Tuesday Fun Fitness is a great place to get started, all in the convenience of your community. If you have any questions or want to learn more about all the epic fun planned for Trenton this summer, please get in touch with the city’s Department of Recreation, Natural Resources, and Culture at 609-989-3635 for additional assistance. Thanks to this initiative from the City of Trenton, staying fit doesn’t have to be a bummer this summer!
Powered by WPeMatico