Smith Family Foundation Announces “I Am The Change” Scholarships
Attention all students! If you have dreams of college or a technical school in your future, stick around for details on how you could be the recipient of a game-changing scholarship.
The Smith Family Foundation recently announced the launch of its “I Am The Change” scholarship opportunities. There are $500 and $1,000 scholarships for vo-tech students and collegiate scholarships ranging from $500 to $5,000. In addition, a scholarship opportunity is also available for an adult who is looking to pursue a trade. A full breakdown of the available scholarships can be found below:
- The Founder’s Scholarship (Trenton and East Orange only): $5,000 scholarship for a graduating high school senior with an IEP plan; must have a 2.5 or higher GPA
- Christian Ministry Scholarship (Trenton and East Orange Only): $5,000 scholarship for a graduating high school senior actively involved in their church congregation; must have a 2.5 or higher GPA
- Seamon Smith Scholarship (Rutgers University Only): $5,000 scholarship for a Black American, enrolled at the Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy; the applicant must have a 3.0 or higher GPA and be a rising sophomore or junior in college
- Seamon Smith HBCU Scholarship (Trenton Only): $5,000 scholarship for any graduating senior from Trenton that has been accepted to an HBCU; must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- The Hazel and Ralph McMillan Scholarship (statewide): $2,500 scholarship for students aging out of foster care; must be a rising college sophomore currently enrolled in an HBCU or New Jersey public institution; must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- The Charlotte Williams Memorial Scholarship: $2,500 scholarship for a high school graduate in any Trenton high school and a sophomore currently enrolled at an HBCU or New Jersey public institution; must have a minimum GPA of 2.9
- The Gregory Wright Jr. Scholarship (Nottingham High School and Trenton Central High School only): $500 scholarship for high school seniors entering their first year of college; must have a minimum GPA of 2.9
- Lance Liverman Book Scholarship (Ewing High School only): $500 scholarship, Must graduate from Ewing High School, entering their first year of college; must have a minimum GPA of 2.9
- Vo-Tech Scholarships (Trenton only): $500 scholarship for a high school graduate, $1,000 scholarship for an adult student; must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
Applicants must meet the GPA requirements and at least 10 hours of community service to apply. Once accepted, applicants will receive $150 per semester towards books throughout their college career. Students will also receive new laptops and care packages for the fall and spring semesters. If you’re ready to start, applications are available here: Apply – SFFNJ. Applications will remain open until April 30th.
The Smith Family Foundation of New Jersey is a non-profit organization that is devoted to sowing seeds in the City of Trenton. They hope to uplift and inspire Trenton’s bright future through their core values of education, cultivation, transformation, and urban ministry. In addition to scholarship opportunities, the Smith Family Foundation also offers grants, educational events, and more to promote their cause further. If you wish to learn more about all the incredible things SFFNJ is doing in our community, you can check out their website here: Home – Smith Family Foundation. If you have dreams of continuing education in the future, the Smith Family Foundation is here for you!
The post Smith Family Foundation Announces “I Am The Change” Scholarships first appeared on TrentonDaily.
Powered by WPeMatico