If you’ve ever been curious about graffiti but are unsure of where to start, grab a can of spray paint and get ready to get creative!
Art of the Spray 2023 is a wonderful opportunity for aspiring graffiti artists and other curious creatives to learn the ins and outs of this vibrant art style. Classes will commence on March 11th and conclude on May 27th. The course is broken up into three sessions, with twelve classes in total. Registration options are as follows:
- One-day class: $20
- Per session: $70, includes 4 classes, preregistered
- Full course: $180, includes 12 classes, preregistered
Please do be aware that registration for the course does not include the price of paint and other art supplies. Courses will be taught by a panel of expert artists, including Leon Rainbow, Mek, Ras, Egad, and other invited guests. The classes will be held at the TerraCycle headquarters, located at 121 New York Ave, Trenton, NJ 08638. Aside from the first session, which will be held on Zoom, all classes will be held outdoors. Please do note that masks are mandatory and all COVID-19 guidelines must be followed. If you’re ready to enroll, you can register online here: Register – Art of the Spray.
Whether you’re interested in trying a single class or completing the full course, you will no doubt walk away having learned something new. The sessions will be broken into the following three categories: 1.) Design, Color, and Style, 2.) Painters Touch, and 3.) Can Control. Read on to learn more about what lies ahead for each of these exciting sessions:
- Design, Color, and Style (March 11th, 18th, 25th, April 1st, 10-11am): Design, color, and style will lay the foundation for the future of your spray paint creations. Held virtually, these sessions will prepare artists to paint on an actual wall and introduce students to mural design. You’ll explore important topics like perspective, shading, dimension, color theory, and more as they pertain to wall art. You will also learn more about characters, portraits, letters, and background concepts.
- Painters Touch (April 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th, 10am-1pm): Building on the knowledge from the previous session, Painters Touch will teach students how to take their characters, designs, and background ideas and transform them into wall art. From a sketch, students will be taught step-by-step how to take that design and make it come alive in a mural.
- Can Control (May 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th, 10am-1pm): If you’re looking to refine your technique, this is the session for you! During Can Control, students will learn more regarding the development of painting, with a special emphasis on technique and style. Each week, students should come prepared with a detailed sketch. Students will then be expected to execute the sketch on a mural under the critique and guidance of experienced graffiti artists.
By the completion of the course, you will be equipped with the skills you need to create a masterpiece of your own. Now is your chance to learn from the best how to transform a blank and barren wall into an eye-catching work of art. If you have any questions prior to getting started, you can reach out on their website here: Contact – Jersey Graf. With just a can of spray paint and a bit of guidance from some of the area’s most accomplished artists, you too can master the art of graffiti!
Powered by WPeMatico