Thousands of people from all across the globe begin the journey to citizenship in the United States each year. Although the process can sometimes be complicated, every step is another day closer to living the American Dream. New Jersey is the proud home of thousands of immigrants spanning all cultures and countries. Each person brings a unique perspective to the table and New Jersey is made a better place because of the immigrants who call our great state home. If you’re currently undergoing the citizenship process, the Trenton Public Library can connect you with all the tools you need.
The Trenton Public Library has put together a thorough Citizenship Corner on its website to provide patrons with all the resources they need to navigate this process. Some of the resources available include:
- USCIS Citizenship Resource Center: The USCIS Citizenship Resource Center provides applicants will all the tools they need to prepare for citizenship. Some available services include practice citizenship tests, locating classes, grant opportunities, and information regarding the naturalization test. The portal also connects immigrants with educators, non-profits, and organizations that can help with naturalization and integration into American civic society.
- InfoPass: InfoPass is an online portal that lets you go online to schedule appointments with immigration information officers at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) offices. Users can schedule or reschedule appointments with USCIS, schedule asylum appointments, and more.
- Immigration Forms: All necessary immigration forms can be found on this portal. This site provides a one-stop shop for a streamlined and secure application process. The site can also be utilized to process any outstanding filing fees.
- Community Help: This portal connects immigrants with various organizations around the country that can assist with multiple portions of the immigration process. Users can find different services, including legal assistance, English and citizenship classes, and more.
The Citizenship Corner also offers links to services in a variety of different languages, including Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, Korean, Tagalog, and Vietnamese.
Additional resources include handy interactive videos and studying tools for the citizenship test.
The Trenton Public Library has taken an all-hands-on-deck approach to its services, with a program or option available for people in every season of life. Some of the other great resources the library has linked include:
- Food and Housing
- Career Services
- Consumer Health Information
- Resources for Senior Citizens
- COVID-19 Information
- Small Business Resources
To read more about the library’s extensive offerings, you can visit them here: Trenton Public Library. The events calendar for the library can be found here: Events – TPL. If you have any questions, please get in touch with the library team at (609) 392-7188. No matter what stage of the immigration process you’re in, resources are available to help every step of the way.
Powered by WPeMatico