Ready to be thunderstruck?
The Trenton Thunder, presented by NJM Insurance Group, recently announced their schedule for the upcoming 2023 season. Back for another jam-packed year, the team will be hosting 40 total games next season. For the 2023 season, the team will be facing off against Frederick Keys, Mahoning Valley Scrappers, State College Spikes, Williamsport Crosscutters, and West Virginia Blackbears.
For over 28 years, the Trenton Thunder has brought family fun to New Jersey residents far and near. A staple in the Trenton area, Thunder games are a fond summer memory for almost every city resident. Besides their favorite players, fans can also expect to see their favorite Thunder mascots get involved in the action. Thunder fans will also get to enjoy a breathtaking fireworks display every Thursday and Saturday.
Another favorite feature of Thunder games is their weekly deals, where fans can take advantage of special promotions and events. This year’s schedule is as follows:
- SuperValue Tuesdays: Regular sized hot dogs are just $1 and all kids 12 and under receive a voucher for a FREE kids hot dog, small snack, and bottle of water at the entrance gates.
- Tail Waggin’ Wednesdays: Well-behaved dogs are welcome at every Wednesday home game
- Thirsty Thursdays: Adult fans can enjoy a great beer special on Bud, Bud Light & Michelob Ultra until the middle of the 5th inning.
- Pork Roll Fridays: See the Thunder Pork Roll take the field in special uniforms and enjoy $2 Case’s Pork Roll Sandwiches at the Pork Roll Paradise Stand on the 1st base side of the concourse or Friday’s only at the Pork Roll Express Stand!
This year, the Thunder will also be hosting the Savannah Bananas. If you’ve never heard of the Bananas, they’re far from your average baseball team. The Bananas are known for their on-field hijinks and circus-like shenanigans. In fact, the Bananas have even come up with their own take on baseball: Banana Ball. There are nine simple rules to Banana Ball:
- Every inning counts
- Two-hour time limit
- No stepping out
- No bunting
- Batters can steal first
- No walks allowed
- 1 on 1 showdown tiebreaker
- No mound visits allowed
- If a fan catches a foul ball, it’s out
Now, fans will get a chance to see the Thunder take a crack at the fast-paced game of Banana Ball, with plenty of laughs ensuing along the way.
With a season chock full of baseball, bargains, and even Bananas, the Thunder is set to have another fantastic year.
For season ticket memberships, group ticket information, partnership/sponsorship opportunities, and information about special events at Trenton Thunder Ballpark, please visit trentonthunder.com or call the Thunder Box Office at (609) 394-3300, opt 4. #FeelTheThunder
Powered by WPeMatico