If you’re in the world of non-profits or community organizing, you are aware of the power of grant funding. With the right resources and alignment of priorities, receiving a grant can be a game-changing tool in bringing your projects and ideas to life. With a seemingly endless number of opportunities and an ever-increasingly competitive application process, navigating the beginning to end process of acquiring a grant can feel like a big task. However, thanks to the tools and resources curated by the New Jersey State Library, your next successful grant application is only a few clicks away.
On Tuesday, July 18th, the New Jersey State Library invites you to take a look inside their comprehensive Foundation Directory. The Foundation Directory is a free resource offered by the New Jersey State Library that empowers grant seekers to research available options and identify which opportunities may be most suitable for their particular organization or project. The virtual learning session will be held on Zoom from 12pm to 1pm. If you are interested in enrolling, you can register online here: Register – Zoom. Upon conclusion of the webinar, all attendees will be granted log in credentials to use the Foundation Directory remotely for 48 hours.
Over the course of the afternoon, guests will have the opportunity to dive into a number of engaging topics including:
- How to access the Foundation Directory database
- How to perform searches in order to find prospective grant funders for your organization
- Learn to evaluate grantmaker profiles to find funding matches.
- How to save grant information for future reference
This powerful directory is but a portion of the vast number of resources offered by the New Jersey State Library’s Funding Information Center. Here, individuals and non-profit organizations are enabled to access a number of resources, training, and funding opportunities to help streamline the funding process. Some of the many tools that guests of the NJSL can take advantage of include:
- The Foundation Directory, which offers clients access to over 240,000+ US foundations, corporate giving programs, and grantmaking public charities. The directory allows users to search for funding by name, EIN, location, fields of interest, types of support, etc. The database is updated weekly.
- Individual grants are accessible, featuring detail descriptions of 10,000+ foundation and public charity programs that fund students, artists, researchers, and other individual grant seekers.
- GuideStar Pro offers information on the finances, leadership, and missions of charities and non-profits. You can search by name, location, subject area, etc.
The New Jersey State Library also offers a number of webinars and training sessions to help grantseekers make the most of available opportunities and resources. You can find the full list of offerings and opportunities from the NJSL by visiting their website here: Funding Information Center.
The grantwriting process comes with a number of challenges and questions, but with the proper plan in place, you or your organization are well on their way to your next great endeavor. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about all of NJSL’s offerings, please contact (609) 278-2640 for further details. Your next great project is one application away, so be sure to sign up for the webinar today!
Powered by WPeMatico