Summer is here in the Capital City, and now’s the time to get out there and take it to the streets! If you’re looking for a fun and free way to spend an unforgettable summer night with your friends and neighbors, the City of Trenton has you covered with a jam-packed schedule of block parties to keep the fun going all summer long.
Every Monday and Wednesday from 4-8pm, the City of Trenton will be visiting neighborhoods throughout the community and transforming their streets into a family-friendly block party for all to enjoy. Whether you’re getting home from a long day at work or looking for some new activities in your own backyard, guests of all ages are certain to have a blast. Some of the many activities guests can look forward to enjoying include basketball, bowling, skateboarding, biking, crafts, food, music, moon bounces, face painting, and more. The schedule for this year features neighborhoods all throughout Trenton, including:
- Mon., July 3rd, 272 N. Clinton Ave. – in partnership with the Trenton Police Department
- Wed., July 5th, Lipinski Park
- Mon. July 10th, Abagati Square – in partnership with the Latino Merchants Association
- Wed., July 12th, 100 Rider Ave. – in partnership with Rush Crossing Apartments
- Mon., July 17th, 531 MLK Blvd. – in partnership with Samaritan Baptist Church
- Wed., July 19th, John Beech Playground
- Mon., July 24th, W. State and Perdicaris Pl. – in partnership with the Smith Family Foundation
- Wed., July 26th, St. Joes Ave. and Sherman Ave. – in partnership with the East Trenton Collaborative
- Mon., July 31st, Unity Square Park – in partnership with the Guatemalan Business Association
- Wed., August 2nd, Kingsbury Towers Courtyard – in partnership with Kingsbury Towers
- Mon., August 7th, W. Hanover St. – in partnership with R2 Events
- Wed., August 9th, 212 Centre St. – in partnership with Boys & Girls Clubs of Mercer County
- Mon., August 14th, E. Paul Ave. and MLK Blvd. – in partnership with Sprout U School of Arts
- Wed., August 16th, 794 E. State St. – in partnership with CYO East State St.
- BONUS: Friday, August 18th, 415 Calhoun St., in partnership with Cycle Kings
- Mon., August 21st, Laurel Park
- Wed., August 23rd, Landing Street (between 2nd and 3rd St.)
The upcoming block parties are not just another source of fun this summer, but an important means to connect with the community around you. In our hectic day to day lives, it can be so easy to fall into our routines and disconnect from the world around us. At a time when many of us don’t even know our neighbor’s names, these block parties offer a refreshing opportunity to engage with your community and get to know the people you share your block with. A strong community is the backbone of a bright future, so don’t miss your chance to get connected this summer!
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about upcoming events in the Capital City, please contact Trenton’s Department of Recreation, Natural Resources, and Culture at 609-989-3635 for additional details. The best party of the summer is coming to your block, so stay tuned for a full summer of festivities!
Powered by WPeMatico