Trenton South Ward Neighborhood Association to Host Community Garden Workshops
Spring is coming, and the Capital City is officially in bloom! If you’re looking for a hands-on way to kick off your weekends, the Trenton South Ward Neighborhood Association invites you to be a part of this Spring’s community garden workshops.
With the weather heating up and the season ready to change, outdoors enthusiasts all across the Garden State are preparing for this year’s planting season. For those looking to get outside this spring, the Trenton South Ward Neighborhood Association (TSWNA) will be hosting a weekly workshop at the TWNSA Community Garden (475 Lamberton St., Trenton, NJ 08611). Starting on March 25th and continuing through through May 20th, participants will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of urban gardening. By the end of week 8, participants will walk out feeling empowered and accomplished. If you’re looking to grow alongside some beautiful greenery, this is the opportunity for you!
Each week, guests can enjoy an exciting educational seminar that will go through various aspects of gardening. The week-by-week schedule is as follows:
- Week One (March 25th): Enjoy a neighborhood cleanup and box-building with Isles!
- Week Two (April 8th): Guests will be joined by Farmer Rob Flory of Howell Living History Farm and Tomia May Queen of Wildflower Farm for a discussion on the importance of urban gardening and seed planting.
- Week Three (April 15th): Seed Planting 101 with the Outdoor Equality Alliance
- Week Four (April 22nd): Parents-to-be are invited to a couples’ pre-natal massage courtesy of TruDoulas of New Jersey
- Week Five (April 29th): Bloom into your weekend with a flower-planting workshop
- Week Six (May 6th): Take a bite out of healthy eating with Arlee’s Raw Blends
- Week Seven (May 13th): Tackle teamwork with the William Trent House Museum’s Collective Work and Responsibility seminar
- Week Eight (May 20th): The last week of the seminar will end with food distributions for residents
These immersive workshops are brought to you by the members of the Trenton South Ward Neighborhood Association. This collective of neighbors seeks to provide residents of Trenton’s South Ward with the resources needed for self-sufficiency, financial stability, and overall well-being. These goals are achieved via meaningful community engagement, fostering of a diverse culture, and maintaining communication between each neighborhood in the ward. If you’re a resident of Trenton’s South Ward and would like to learn more regarding how you can get involved, please visit the TSWNA website to learn more on how to get started: TSWNA – Home.
Urban gardening is a wonderful opportunity to spent time in nature, connect with the community, and learn more about how to cultivate a crop of your own. By the end of the eight weeks, you won’t be-leaf the progress you’ve made! If you have any questions prior to getting started, please feel free to contact the TSWNA by submitting their contact form here: Contact Us – TSWNA. Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty this spring, and come out to the garden!
The post Trenton South Ward Neighborhood Association to Host Community Garden Workshops first appeared on TrentonDaily.
Powered by WPeMatico